After two Christmas savory recipes, today I want to show you how to make this delicious simple vegan eggnog because is my favorite Christmas drink.?
Eggnog is not very common here in Spain, but since I tried it a few years ago, I just fell in love with this creamy beverage. Since I’m vegan, I make a vegan version and it tastes even better than the original one, besides, it’s healthier and cruelty-free, yay! ?
I hardly ever drink alcohol, so I prefer non-alcoholic eggnog, but you can add some rum, bourbon or brandy, it’s up to you.
Cheers, it’s almost Christmas! ?
- You can use another plant milk. I love coconut milk because it makes the eggnog so creamy.
- If you don’t like cashews or they’re expensive in your area, feel free to add more coconut milk or use any other nut instead.
- Maple syrup is my favorite sweetener, but the recipe will work if you use another one, just add it gently until the eggnog is sweet enough for you.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (65 g)
- 1/4 cup water (65 ml)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak the cashews overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- I prefer to serve the eggnog chilled, so I keep it in the fridge for at least 1 or 2 hours before serving.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for about 4 to 7 days. Shake well before serving (a little separation is natural).
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 22.2g
- Saturated Fat: 16.1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.4g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!