This is our vegan crepes recipe, even if you’re not vegan you’re gonna love it! These crepes are so spongy and soft with a delicious vanilla flavor.
We love this recipe because it’s so simple. The dough is ready in only 5 minutes, so it’s perfect when you have unexpected guests or if you need to eat something sweet (or salty) and you want something quick and easy.
As you can see in the photo below the crepes dough is quite liquid, otherwise they would have a dense consistency like pancakes.
We’ve used whole wheat flour, so our recipe isn’t gluten free, although you can use other types of flour such as rice or corn flour. You can use other sweetener instead of brown sugar, like white sugar, stevia, agave syrup, maple syrup or honey (if you’re not vegan).
For the filling we’ve used homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread and we also have added icing sugar on top. If you subscribe to our blog, you’ll recieve our 10 Easy Vegan Recipes eCookBook for free with 10 delicious recipes, including the chocolate-hazelnut spread recipe.
With these ingredients we made 15 crepes (we used a 8″ or 20 cm skillet). If you want to freeze crepes I recommend you to put some waxed paper between each crepe and store them in a zipper storage bag. Defrost in the fridge and warm each crepe gently in a skillet before serving.
You can also make salty crepes with this recipe, there are so many delicious fillings!
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and if the batter is too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with oil if needed. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter, twirling it around to cover the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe.
- Cook 1 minute more until brown the other side of the crepe. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Crepes can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, stack them between layers of parchment paper and then keep them in a sealed container or a ziploc bag.
- Feel free to use other type of flour, sweetener or plant milk. Add more or less if needed.
- To make and oil-free recipe, just omit the oil or add some nut butter instead.
- Serving Size: 1 crepe (using 1 and 1/2 cups of soy milk)
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 12.5 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g