Vegan crepes, the best dessert ever. They're spongy and satisfying, and you can make them sweet or savory. Only 6 ingredients required!
Have you ever made vegan crepes at home? It is SO easy and a super fun experience to share with your kids! They are absolutely delicious and work as a great breakfast, snack, or even dessert. The whole family will love them!
This vegan crepe recipe only requires 6 simple and affordable ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Although I made them with all-purpose flour, you can also use a gluten-free flour blend if you want to make vegan gluten-free crepes.
Vegan crepe recipe - Short video
How to make vegan crepes - Step by step
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (photo 1). Add 1 and ½ cups of plant milk (375 ml) and if the batter is too thick, add more plant milk until you get a perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with some extra oil if needed (photo 2). Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter (photo 3), twirling it around to cover the whole bottom of the skillet (photo 4).
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker (photo 5). Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe (photo 6).
- Cook the other side of the crepe for 1 more minute until brown (photo 7). Repeat with the remaining batter (photo 8).
- Serve your vegan crepes with your favorite filling or toppings.
Vegan crepes ingredients and tips
- All-purpose flour: you can also use whole wheat flour or pretty much any type of flour. Feel free to use gluten-free flour if you want to make vegan gluten-free crepes. If you use a different kind of flour, you may need to adjust the amount of it.
- Brown sugar: feel free to customize your vegan crepe recipe with granulated sugar or any other type of sugar instead.
- Baking powder.
- Soy milk: any type of unsweetened plant milk will work, but soy milk is my favorite one for this recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil: I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes, including my vegan crepes. However, any type of oil will work. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier. If you don’t eat oil, feel free to use vegan butter.
- Vanilla extract: to make these vegan crepes I used homemade vanilla extract because it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but the store-bought one is also a good choice.
- Feel free to serve your crepes with sweet or savory toppings or fillings.
Are crepes vegan?
Regular crepes aren't usually vegan, because they are made with cow's milk and butter. However, making vegan crepes is extremely easy and the results are as good as the original recipe, but healthier. So I really suggest you give this vegan crepe recipe a try!
Looking for more vegan breakfast recipes?
Did you make this vegan crepe recipe?
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 and ½ cups of plant milk (375 ml) and if the batter is too thick, add more plant until you get a perfect consistency.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and lightly coat with some extra oil if needed. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter, twirling it around to cover the whole bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter gets darker. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe.
- Cook the other side of the crepe for 1 more minute until brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Crepes can be stored for about 5 days in the fridge or for up to 3 months in the freezer. Once cooled, stack them between layers of parchment paper and then keep them in a sealed container or a ziplock bag.
- This vegan crepe recipe will work with any type of sugar and plant milk.
- You can make your vegan crepes with whole wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio, or pretty much any other type of flour, but in that case, you may need to adjust the amount of it.
- If you want to make some vegan gluten-free crepes, feel free to use our gluten-free flour blend recipe.