Vegan pumpkin spice latte, a healthier version of the classic Starbucks drink, made with natural ingredients and topped with coconut whipped cream.
We know you guys love lattes and it’s been a while since I posted the last one on the blog, so here it is: vegan pumpkin spice latte recipe, one of my favorite fall beverages.
It’s so popular, you can even find it at Starbucks here in Spain, but I prefer to make my own plant-based PSL with healthier ingredients, like unsweetened plant milk, dates and coconut whipped cream.
I know the authentic recipe is made with coffee, but I’m a tea lover, so I prefer to prepare my vegan pumpkin spice latte with chai tea instead. Besides, I always make my own pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice at home as it’s really hard to find it in my area, but feel free to use store-bought to save some time.
This drink smells like fall and is so warm, comforting and delicious, I could drink it every single day. I wouldn’t add coconut whipped cream on a daily basis, as is high in fat, but it’s a delightful treat, so I enjoy it once in a while.
looking for more drink recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!Print
- We heated the milk in a saucepan, but we didn’t bring it to a boil.
- Feel free to use the tea or coffee hot or cold. If you can’t find chai tea, use any other type of tea that goes well with milk (we also love black tea).
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a mug or a jar with some coconut whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder on top. It’s also delicious just by itself, though. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Any sweetener will do.
- Nutritional info doesn’t include the coconut whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 13.5 g
- Sodium: 63 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.4 g