Simple vegan gravy ready in just 15 minutes. It’s also gluten-free, low in fat and only requires 9 ingredients. It’s great with vegan mashed potatoes.
We’re going to share some vegan Thanksgiving recipes during the next weeks and there’s not better way to start than with a gravy recipe. Oh my god! This stuff is really good. It’s not a sauce I ate when I was a kid as it’s not popular in my country, but I’ve always been so into sauces and vegan mashed potatoes with gravy is one of the best things I’ve ever tried.
Our recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, low in fat and much simpler than the traditional one, but it also tastes amazing. You can make gravy in advance and then reheat it adding some liquid, but as this one is ready in just 15 minutes, you can also make it just before serving. You choose!
Gravy is also delicious with roasted potatoes, rice, tofu, tempeh, seitan or vegan meatloaf, or any plant-based version of any classic Thanksgiving recipe you like (there’s always a vegan alternative, trust me).
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Keep the gravy in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. It thickens in the fridge, so add additional liquid stock or milk when you reheat it.
- This simple vegan gravy is great with vegan mashed potatoes and our vegan meatloaf.
- Feel free to use any herbs or spices you like.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 32
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 241 mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.2 g