You only need 5 simple ingredients to make this vegan milkshake. Ready in just 5 minutes, it is 100% kid-approved, creamy, and delicious!
I promise you won’t get over this wonderfully creamy vegan milkshake! It is delicious, sweet, and one of the simplest snacks ever. Great to have it as a dessert, it’ll be so easy to make with your high-speed blender. Your whole family will ask for it every day!
One of the best treats ever, to make it I only used 5 ingredients that you’ll easily find at the grocery store and you can customize it with your favorite toppings, such as coconut whipped cream. Let me know how you like it!
How to make vegan milkshake
- Crush the ice in a powerful high-speed blender.
- Incorporate all the remaining ingredients and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Serve your vegan milkshake immediately.
Vegan milkshake ingredients and tips
- Ice cubes.
- Vegan vanilla ice cream: to make this vegan milkshake recipe I used store-bought vegan ice cream, but I do recommend you make our vegan vanilla ice cream, as it is delicious and so easy.
- Unsweetened plant milk: any type of unsweetened plant milk will do, but I used almond milk. Using a different dairy-free milk may slightly change its flavor, but it’ll still be delicious!
- Granulated sugar: feel free to customize your vegan milkshake recipe with other types of sugar, like brown, coconut or cane sugar. Make sure the sugar you’re using is vegan. I’ve never tried making it with syrups like agave or maple syrup, but if you do, please let me know in the comments!
- Vanilla extract: I always use homemade vanilla extract as it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but the store-bought version is also a good choice.
- Feel free to decorate it with some cocoa powder or cacao powder, chocolate chips, or even chocolate sauce.
Looking for more sweet snacks?
Did you make this vegan milkshake recipe?
This post contains affiliate links so you can easily find some of the products that we used to make this recipe. If you buy any of them through the links provided (without any extra cost for you), we’ll get a commission. We’re so grateful for your support!Print
- Crush the ice in a powerful high-speed blender (you can also use crushed ice).
- Incorporate all the remaining ingredients (vanilla ice cream, plant milk, sugar, and vanilla extract), and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Serve your vegan milkshake immediately with your favorite toppings, such as coconut whipped cream, cocoa powder or cacao powder, chocolate chips, or even chocolate sauce.
- I do recommend you use our homemade vegan vanilla ice cream, although store-bought is also okay.
- Feel free to customize this vegan milkshake recipe with other types of sugar, like brown, coconut, or cane sugar. Make sure the sugar you’re using is vegan.
- Nutritional info has been calculated without the toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 33.5 g
- Sodium: 122 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
Update Notes: This post was originally published in July of 2014, but was republished with new photos, step-by-step instructions, and tips in March of 2022.