Our oven is quite small, so we're not baking so much since we moved here, but I really love baking during the fall and winter, so I was looking on Pinterest for new recipes last week and I found a few that looked amazing. They were made with pumpkin puree though, which is not a common ingredient here in Spain. I've never tried it actually before because it's almost impossible to find it here, so I decided to make my own pumpkin puree and I'm so happy with the result, it tastes awesome!
I thought it was difficult to make pumpkin puree at home, but you only need one ingredient: pumpkin. I've read that pie pumpkins are the best, but I think you can also use any other type. You should give this recipe a try because is so simple and you just need to roast the pumpkin and puree it in a food processor, that's all.
I can't wait to share with you some recipes using this awesome homemade pumpkin puree!
Got some homemade pumpkin puree on hand? Give it a delicious purpose in my easy-to-make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins, Vegan Pumpkin Cookies, and Vegan Pumpkin Bread. They're bursting with that natural pumpkin goodness!
- This recipe works for any amount of pumpkin.
- Feel free to use any type of pumpkin, although pie pumpkin is better for this recipe because is sweeter and your pumpkin puree will be tastier.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1 pie pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Cut off the top of your pumpkin and cut in half and then into quarters.
- Remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Place the pumpkin onto a baking tray skin-side down.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Scoop out the flesh and add it to a food processor or a blender.
- Puree until smooth. Add some water if the pumpkin is too dry.
- Store it in the fridge in a sealed container.