This 9-ingredient vegan mushroom pasta is so creamy, healthy and easy to make. It’s ready in 20 minutes and total comfort food!
Hi guys! I think this is probably the last post I’m going to write in Asia because we’re coming home in two days. We’re in Bali now, but we’ll fly to Singapore tomorrow, spend a night there, then flight to London and finally to Spain. Our trip has been amazing, but we miss our people and also our home, so we’re so happy to finally come back.
We’re obsessed with pasta (unrefined, please), that’s why Italian cuisine is our favorite one and we need to travel to Italy again to enjoy its amazing food. As we know you also love pasta and pasta recipes are so popular on the blog, we try to share one recipe every month.
I’m in love with this vegan mushroom pasta because is so simple and only requires a few ingredients that are also really easy to get. Tahini is the secret ingredient, it makes the sauce so creamy and it’s pretty similar to cashew cream, but lower in fat, cheaper and you can save some time as well.
When the pasta is cold, the sauce thickens, so add some water, lemon juice or even more tahini when you reheat it. It will be delicious!
looking for more pasta recipes?
- Pasta primavera
- Pasta arrabiata
- Vegan pasta Alfredo
- Vegan pasta carbonara
- Pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans)
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 6 ounces mushrooms (170 g), sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4–6 tbsp water, see notes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, cook the garlic in a skillet with some water or oil over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and tamari or soy sauce and cook for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms golden brown. Add more water or oil if needed.
- Add the lemon juice, stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes to deglaze the pan.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the skillet, then add the tahini, water and pepper, stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately with some fresh parsley on top (optional). Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- The amount of water may vary, depending on how thick is your tahini or how thick you want your sauce. Add 4 tbsp first, and then add more if needed. We used 6 tbsp.
- Use your favorite veggies and fresh or dried herbs.
- Tamari or soy sauce can be replaced by salt.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.9 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 10.3 g