Roasted cauliflower, a delicious and simple side dish recipe. It’s totally customizable and only requires 5 ingredients and 30 minutes.
Roasted cauliflower is my favorite way to enjoy this awesome veggie because it’s full of flavor and the texture is just amazing. Besides, you don’t need to add many things to make it taste great.
I only use 5 ingredients: cauliflower, extra virgin olive oil, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, that’s it!
You could also add other spices (red pepper flakes, paprika, ground cumin, turmeric powder), fresh or dried herbs (oregano, basil, thyme), or even other ingredients, like nutritional yeast or sesame seeds.
If you don’t like or have any of the ingredients I’ve used, don’t worry! Just omit it and add what you have on hand. For example, use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder (2 to 4 cloves of garlic) or some onion powder.
Are you oil-free? I’ve got you covered. Just add some liquid, like lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, your cauliflower will taste SO good as well.
Enjoy the roasted cauliflower just by itself or add it to all kinds of dishes: salads, pizza, pasta, rice, tacos, wraps, sandwiches, you name it!
An interesting way to make the cauliflower even more flavorful could be using some vinaigrette instead of extra virgin olive oil. Have you tried it? It’s amazing, but I would omit all the remaining ingredients. Just add the cauliflower and the vinaigrette. So simple, yet delicious.
roasted cauliflower ingredients
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this roasted cauliflower recipe:
- Cauliflower – I’ve only made this recipe using fresh cauliflower, so I don’t know if frozen cauliflower would work. If you try it and works for you, please let me know.
- Extra virgin olive oil – I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes. However, any type of oil is okay. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier. If you’re oil-free, use some lemon juice or balsamic vinegar instead.
- Salt – I always use Himalayan pink salt. Any type of salt is okay, though.
- Garlic powder – You could also use fresh garlic (about 2 to 4 cloves of garlic). Onion powder or fresh onion will do the job as well.
- Ground black pepper – Fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find store-bought more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
how to make roasted cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking sheet (lined or not) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days.
looking for more cauliflower recipes?
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Steak
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
did you make this roasted cauliflower recipe?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 pound cauliflower (450 g), cut into florets
- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet (lined or not, it’s up to you) and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately (I added some chopped, fresh parsley on top) or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 g
- Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 4.6 g