Banana ice cream, healthy, creamy, 100% natural, and delicious. Also known as nice cream, it's ready in 15 minutes with 1 ingredient!
Oh, this banana ice cream! I can't really put into words how much I like it. It's so creamy, tasty, and refreshing I could eat it every day! Besides, it's 100% natural and made with just frozen bananas.
What's good about this banana ice cream recipe (also known as nice cream), besides being the healthiest snack ever, is that you can customize it with your favorite toppings. I love to have it with some crushed nuts on top.
This little nice cream treat is perfect to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon or to have as a snack or dessert. It's absolutely affordable and very easy to prepare!
To make it you only need a powerful blender, a few frozen bananas, and 15 minutes of your time. Treat yourself to this refreshing, delicious, and healthy ice cream!
How to make banana ice cream - Step by step
- Cut the bananas into 3 or 4 pieces (photo 1), put them in an airtight container, and freeze overnight (photo 2).
- Add the bananas to your food processor or blender (photo 3) and blend until you have a super creamy banana ice cream (photo 4).
- Once it's ready, you can eat it immediately for a soft texture or freeze it until solid.
- Serve your banana ice cream with your favorite toppings.
- Feel free to customize this banana ice cream recipe with any other ingredient.
- You could also add some sweetener if you'd like your nice cream to be sweeter, although I like it better without it.
- If your food processor or blender can't blend the frozen bananas, add a splash of any kind of plant milk.
How long will this banana ice cream keep?
Make sure to keep your nice cream in an airtight container in the freezer and it will last for up to 3 months.
However, if the banana ice cream is too hard when you are going to eat it, you can leave it at room temperature for some time until it softens a little.
How to serve banana ice cream
As this ice cream is made with only 1 ingredient, you can add some toppings to make it even more delicious. For example, I love to have it with toppings like vegan Nutella, chopped vegan chocolate, vegan white chocolate, or chocolate chips.
You could also serve it with any kind of nut butter on top, such as coconut butter.
Is banana ice cream healthy?
Of course! This banana ice cream recipe is only made with frozen bananas, so it doesn't contain any added sugar or sweeteners. It's actually one of the healthiest and most nutritious kinds of ice cream!
Looking for more vegan ice cream recipes?
Did you make this banana ice cream recipe?
Banana Ice Cream
- 3 large ripe bananas
- Cut the bananas into 3 or 4 pieces (or cut them into coins if your food processor or blender is not very powerful), put them in an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- Add the bananas to your food processor or blender and blend until you have a super creamy banana ice cream. Be patient, keep blending!
- Once it's ready, you can eat it immediately for a soft texture or transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it for at least 1 hour or until solid. When you are going to eat it, if it's too hard, let it stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes or until it has a perfect consistency.
- Serve immediately or keep your nice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to customize this banana ice cream recipe however you'd like.
- You could also add some sweetener if you'd like it to be sweeter, although I like it better without it.
- If your food processor or blender can't blend the frozen bananas, add a splash of any kind of plant milk (coconut milk, cashew milk, or almond milk work very well for making vegan ice cream).
Update Notes: This post was originally published in May of 2015, but was republished with new photos, step-by-step instructions, and tips in February of 2022.