Learn how to make homemade chocolate syrup in 2 minutes, using just 2 ingredients. It's a healthy alternative to store-bought syrups.
Making chocolate syrup at home is extremely easy. I've been using store-bought chocolate syrup for so many years, but not any more. It's usually made with refined sweeteners and so many other nasty ingredients. Besides, this recipe only requires 2 ingredients I always have on hand and is ready in less than 2 minutes!
Feel free to use any other liquid sweetener as long as it's a natural one (artificial sweeteners are not healthy at all and they're not going to work in this recipe), but maple syrup is my favorite one, because of its taste. Raw cacao and carob powder can also be used instead of the unsweetened cocoa powder, but as I've never used them myself, I don't know if you need to add the same amount (raw cacao has an intense flavor and carob powder is sweeter).
looking for more chocolate recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Homemade Chocolate Syrup (2 Ingredients)
- ¼ cup maple or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add the syrup and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for at least 1 or 2 weeks.
- Add more or less cocoa powder depending on how sweet you want your chocolate syrup.
- Feel free to use any syrup you have on hand or another sweetener with a similar consistency.
- I've never made this recipe using raw cacao or carob powder, but I think it should work (add more or less if needed).