This 15-minute vegan pasta salad is perfect for summer parties, picnics and barbecues and also an ideal take-along for workplace lunches.
Pasta salads are an amazing meal for summer. They’re refreshing, so convenient to eat on the go and also to bring to a potluck, picnic or barbecue. Besides, this recipe is so simple it only requires 10 ingredients and 15 minutes and tastes AMAZING.
Any type of pasta is okay, but we prefer short pasta (we used penne), made with healthy ingredients (whole grains are better). Whole wheat pasta (if you can eat gluten) or brown rice or buckwheat pasta (if you’re gluten-free) are our favorite ones, but please feel free to use what you like or can find easily.
To make this salad, we used a pretty simple vinaigrette, but any other salad dressing will do. When we prefer an oil-free alternative, we (almost) always use our tahini salad dressing because is super healthy, easy to make and tastes like heaven.
Pasta salads can be made with any ingredient you want: nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, dried fruits, seaweed, etc. They can be raw or cooked, but we prefer to add raw ingredients to save some time as you can chop them while the pasta is cooking, and also because they’re usually more nutritious.
looking for more salad recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
For the salad:
- 8 ounces pasta (225 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, (70 g), pitted and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- A handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
For the salad dressing (see notes for an oil-free alternative):
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool down the pasta with some cold water. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (pasta, tomatoes, olives, onion, basil and dressing), stir and serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 455 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.8 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 7.9 g