It’s so easy to make vegan cheese at home. I shared with you this creamy vegan cheese and this awesome vegan Parmesan cheese. I’ll share with you more recipes, I promise, but today I’m going to show you how to prepare vegan tofu feta cheese. It has almost no fat and it’s cholesterol-free.
To make the tofu feta you need to press the tofu, it’s so easy! Take the tofu out of the package and drain off the water. Place a towel, a dishcloth or a paper towel on a flat surface (I usually use a cutting board or a dish), put the tofu on top and put another towel, clean dish cloth or paper towel on top of the tofu. Place something heavy on top, such as a bowl, 2 or 3 cans or whatever. Let the tofu sit for at least 30 minutes.
This recipe is super easy to make, you only need to cut the tofu in cubes and marinate it, that’s all! The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
I love this marinade, it’s very simple and tastes amazing, but you can use other ingredients. You can use another kind of vinegar or even you can add miso or tamari or soy sauce or other spices. You can also use only vinegar or only lemon juice, there are so many choices!
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl or a container, add the tofu (cut into cubes), cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. It will taste better 2 or 3 days later.
I love to use this vegan tofu feta cheese in salads, my favorite is the awesome Greek salad you can see in the picture below, it’s simple and fresh, so it’s perfect for the summer time. If you don’t know how to prepare it, don’t worry! I’ll show you how in the next post. You’re going to love it!
- 9.7 ounces firm tofu (275 g)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Press the tofu. I explain you how to do it in the second paragraph of this post.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl or a container (the lemon juice, water, apple cider vinegar and oregano), add the tofu, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. It will taste better 2 or 3 days later.
- If the cheese is not salty enough for you, feel free to add some salt to taste.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.9 g