Thai cucumber salad, made in less than 10 minutes, using simple ingredients. It’s so tasty, healthy, refreshing and the perfect side dish.
As we’re travelling through South East Asia (we’re in Chiang Mai, Thailand, at the moment), we want to share more Asian recipe with you guys because they’re so popular on the blog and also so healthy and easy to make.
Alberto loves Thai food, it’s one of his favorite ones. I liked it, but not so much, until I came to Thailand and fell in love with this amazing cuisine. We’re trying so many vegan and vegetarian restaurants as they’re so inexpensive, the weather is great and the food even better.
I saw this cucumber salad on Pinterest last year and I knew I had to give it a try, but I had to come to Thailand to make it and I should tell you it’s amazing. The taste is out of this world and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes!
Besides, it’s made with simple and easy to get ingredients. We always try to use ingredients you can find at any supermarket, so we’ll make our own versions of traditional Asian recipes, that way you guys will be able to make them living in America, Europe or any other place in the world.
LOOKING FOR MORE SALAD RECIPES?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cane, coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil, we used coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Cayenne powder to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Slice the cucumber, julienne the red onion and add them to a mixing bowl.
- To make the salad dressing, just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined (lemon juice, sugar, oil, salt and cayenne powder).
- Pour dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Then top with the chopped peanuts and serve immediately.
- Best with fresh, keep the veggies and salad dressing separately, in sealed containers in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Feel free to use any sweetener or oil you have on hand.
- Vinegar can be used instead of the lemon juice and you can also replace the peanuts by any other nut or seed.
- If you don’t consume oil, mix 2 tsp of tahini with 1 tsp of water until well combined and use it instead of the oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.7 g