These delicious vegan avocado toast is the perfect breakfast or snack. It’s ready in 5 minutes with just 7 ingredients. Use gluten-free bread if needed.
I’ve been having a smoothie or oatmeal for breakfast for the last 4 years, but before going vegan I used to have a typical Spanish breakfast with toasted slices of bread with extra virgin olive oil, tomato slices, sea salt and also Spanish ham.
I still love smoothies and oatmeal, but I was craving something savory and decided to make a vegan avocado toast because I think bread and avocado goes great. Garlic powder, sea salt and nutritional yeast are my go-to spices, I add them to everything and as I try to limit the amount of oil in my diet, I used some lemon juice instead. Finally, a pinch of red pepper flakes and voilà, the best vegan toast I’ve ever tried and it’s ready in just 5 minutes!
It only requires 7 ingredients, although you can omit or add any ingredient you want, use store-bought bread or make your own (we have a couple of healthy bread recipes on the blog, see notes!). Feel free to use gluten-free bread if need, crackers or rice cakes, they’re are also a great choice.
This recipe is extremely simple, but so delicious and if you’re an avocado lover as I am, you are going to fall in love with this toast!
LOOKING FOR MORE AVOCADO RECIPES?
- Zucchini noodles with avocado sauce
- Vegan pesto, hummus, avocado sandwich
- Avocado hummus toasts with chickpeas
- Baked avocado fries
- Vegan breakfast tacos
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 slices of bread (see notes)
- 1/2-1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven or toaster (optional).
- Add the avocado and lemon juice to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. You can also mash the avocado onto your bread, but I prefer to use a bowl.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with a pinch of salt, nutritional yeast (1 tsp per toast), garlic powder (1/8 tsp per toast) and a dash of red pepper flakes (optional). Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2 slices with 1/2 avocado
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 233 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 6.6 g