Everybody can make this bread! This recipe only requires a bowl, a spoon and a loaf pan (besides an oven, of course).
Although this bread is not gluten-free, it’s made with whole flours and is much healthier than white bread. I don’t eat bread very often, but when I do, I avoid wheat because my body feels much better without it.
You can see the process in the picture below.
Homemade bread tastes much better and your entire house will smell amazing, you should give this recipe a try!
Easy Rye and Spelt Bread
Everybody can make this bread! This recipe only requires a bowl, a spoon and a loaf pan. It’s much healthier than white bread.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 9.3 oz spelt flour (265 g)
- 9.3 oz rye flour (265 g)
- 0.2 oz dry baker’s yeast (5.5 g)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 12.7 fl oz water (425 ml)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Combine flours, yeast, sea salt and warm water (like bath water, or 105°F or 40ºC) in a bowl and stir with a spoon or with your hands until you get a sticky rough dough. Depending of the flour you use, you maybe need to add more or less water, so I recommend you to add the water gently.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dishcloth and let rise for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 430ºF or 220ºC.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with oil (I usually use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil). Place the dough into the loaf pan and slash the bread about 5 times with a knife. Add the pumpkin seeds and press with a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 430ºF or 220ºC and 35 minutes at 350ºF or 175ºC.
Recipe adapted from Ana Moreno
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).