I'm having a bowl of oatmeal almost every day since I came to Germany; this is my favorite recipe. I LOVE oatmeal, just in case you didn't realize.
I usually make my oatmeal with water, but I've used soy milk this time because I feel oatmeal is creamier and tastes better if I use some plant milk. When I make it using water, sometimes I add a splash of some plant milk at the end, but it will also be delicious if you use only water. I think is almost impossible to go wrong with this recipe, it's always delicious and I could eat it every single day.
If you are really busy in the morning, you can make your oatmeal the night before and then reheat it with some water or milk in the morning. It also tastes good cold, but hot is better, especially when it's cold outside.
- You can use any plant milk, sweetener or fruit you want. Don't be afraid to add your favorite ingredients (cocoa powder, superfoods, jam, nut butter, etc.).
- If the oatmeal is too thick for you, add more milk or water.
- I use frozen raspberries very often because they're cheaper. If you're going to make this recipe using frozen berries, add them to the saucepan when the oats and the milk have been cooking for 5 minutes. You can also defrost them in the fridge or at room temperature overnight and add them at the last minute.
- If you can't eat oats, use quinoa, millet or buckwheat instead.
Simple Vegan Oatmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 and ½ cups plant milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoon coconut or brown sugar
- 2 bananas
- Place the oats and the milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the oats are cooked (10 to 15 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Serve the oatmeal in two bowls and add one teaspoon of sugar in each bowl. As the oatmeal is hot, the sugar will melt and it will look like a syrup.
- Add one sliced banana in each bowl and raspberries to taste.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
amazing thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Neve! Thank YOU 🙂 Have a nice day!
This is a simple and fool-proof way to make perfect oatmeal! This is now my go-to way to make it. Thank you!
Hi Kate! So glad you like our recipe 🙂 Have a beautiful day!
Even my hubby likes it, and it's usually hard to get him to eat oatmeal! So, thank you Iosune.
That's great! 🙂
Thank you for this simple yet delicious oatmeal reciepe! For the most part I followed the instructions but added everything to the pot and cooked on medium temp for about 10minutes. I love sweets so I indulged in another teaspoon on coconut 🥥 sugar. I will definite keep this on my shelf.
Hi Dash! So glad you liked it 🙂 Have a nice day!
Ankur Majumdar says
Do you fear of having cholesterol? Want to stay safe by taking precautionary measures? Drinking oatmeal water is the best remedy for you. You could also noticeably improve your health by drinking oatmeal water on a daily basis. This water can not only lower your cholesterol levels but also help you lose weight, cleanse toxins from your body, and regulate your bowel movements and much more.
Hi Ankur! Thanks a lot for your comment, but as a vegan I'm not worring about my cholesterol levels 😀
This looks so delicous :)) I'm such a fan of easy recipes like that!
Thanks a lot Edith! 🙂