Breakfast potatoes, made with 7 ingredients in just 30 minutes. They’re so crispy on the outside, creamy in the middle and super easy to make.
I could live on potatoes, and baked potatoes are my favorite ones. They’re so crispy and much healthier than the fried ones.
I’ve been making these breakfast potatoes a lot lately and not only for breakfast, but also as a side dish for lunch and dinner. I told you I could live on potatoes, I wasn’t lying!
The recipe is extremely simple, you just need any type of potatoes you have on hand, extra virgin olive oil (any other oil will do), spices and herbs, that’s all!
This is my favorite combo, but please add what you have on your pantry or anything you like. If you’re oil-free, just omit the oil or use any other liquid instead, like lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or vegetable stock.
These breakfast potatoes are just perfect to make breakfast burritos, or with a side of tofu scramble and some veggies to get a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Are you a sauce person? Me too! Serve them with any sauce you like: vegan mayonnaise, ketchup, barbecue sauce, vegan aioli, vegan sour cream, you name it! These potatoes go well with pretty much everything.
what ingredients do you need to make breakfast potatoes?
- Potatoes – Use any type of potatoes you have on hand (yukon gold, russet, red, etc.).
- Extra virgin olive oil – I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes. However, any type of oil is okay. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier. If you don’t eat oil, just omit it. I would add some type of liquid, though, that way the spices and herbs stick to the potatoes.
- Italian seasoning – I make my own Italian seasoning at home, but store-bought is okay. Any other dried herb like oregano or basil will do as well.
- Salt – I always use Himalayan pink salt. Any type of salt is okay, though.
- Garlic powder – It can be replaced by onion powder or even fresh garlic.
- Ground black pepper – Fresh ground black pepper tastes best. However, I find store-bought ground black pepper more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
tips for making breakfast potatoes
- You don’t have to peel the potatoes, it’s up to you, especially if you’re using organic potatoes.
- Add any herbs or spices you want. You could also add fresh parsley or any other fresh herb just before serving.
- If you don’t add oil, you could replace it with some lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or vegetable stock.
- You don’t want to use your oven? Fine, just steam the potatoes until soft and place them in a skillet with all remaining ingredients. Then mix until well combined and sautée them until golden brown.
looking for more potato recipes?
did you make this breakfast potatoes recipe?
Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 pound potatoes (450 g), peeled if desired and diced
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning or any other dried herb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined (I prefer to use my hands).
- Place the potatoes onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and golden brown (my potatoes were ready in 25 minutes).
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 4 g