This simple vegan ranch dressing is a healthier alternative to the classic recipe. It’s perfect for salads or as a dip with tortilla chips, crudités, etc.
Ranch dressing is one of the most popular salad dressings in the US and although we already have a recipe on the blog, we wanted to make a simpler and lower in fat version for the Buffalo cauliflower wings you can see in the picture below.
We really love this dressing for salads, but on a daily basis, we prefer our tahini salad dressing because is lighter and easier to make and it’s delicious with any salad you can image.
This vegan ranch dressing is also a great dip recipe to enjoy with tortilla chips, crudités, baked potatoes or any food you want to eat with an amazing and super creamy sauce.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews (140 g)
- 1/2 cup plant milk of your choice, I used soy milk (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Soak the cashews overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Add all the ingredients (except the parsley, chives and dill) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a mixing bowl and mix with the parsley, chives and dill until well combined.
- You can serve the dressing immediately, although I think it tastes better when is cold.
- Keep the vegan ranch dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Add any spice or fresh or dry herb you like.
- Add more or less milk depending on how thick you want your vegan ranch dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 0.9 g