Hey there! I'm Alberto, Iosune's boyfriend (the one on the left in the first photo here).
She's got a cold, so today's post is on me. I hope you like it!
Who doesn't like fries? I love them. With ketchup, with vegan mayo, just by themselves or any other way. Today's version is healthier, made of sweet potatoes and baked, so you can eat as much as you want.
They look good, right? It's a super easy recipe (even if you've never used an oven before).
First, you need to peel the sweet potato, cut it into sticks and place them in a bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Finally, put them in a baking sheet and bake them until golden brown.
- If you want a lighter version, use water instead of oil.
- In case you don't have any spices or herbs we used, you can add a different one or omit it.
- If you want them very crispy, bake for another 5 minutes.
- You may want to eat them with some sauce, I suggest: vegan mayo or homemade ketchup.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 tbp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Peel the sweet potato (optional) and cut it into sticks.
- Place the sweet potato sticks and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them until well combined.
- Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
These were great! I bought 2X the amount of sweet potatoes bc I usually ruin anything I try to cook, but I got this dish done right on the first try! (And
Thanks to this step-by-step recipe) Also, I wasn't too sure if would like this seasoning mix so it only put the season on half of the fries and I put a light amount on 1/4 and a generous amount on the last 1/4. I ended up loving all of them but definitely prefer it with the more generous amount 🙂
Iosune Robles says
Hi Elissa! Sounds so good 🙂 I'm glad you liked it!
These are delicious the blend of herbs is perfect they’re on weekly rotation in our house ! Love all the recipes you guys post !!
Hi Bai! Thank you so much 🙂 Have a nice day!
This looks like a great recipe, I'm going to give it a try.
I've been trying to go oil free but recognise that the oil would be rather important to so that the herbs stick to the fries prior to going in the oven. Any thoughts on what I could replace the oil with?
Hi Tim! You could add some lemon juice or vinegar 🙂 Hope it works!
I'm trying them right now with some water per your suggestion in the text, iosune. But lemon juice or vinegar is a good idea - I'll try them that way next time. Thanks!
Iosune Robles says
That's good 🙂 Have a nice day!
They look great and so much healthier than regular fries! Awesome that it's so simple to make them too 🙂
Thanks Daniel! 🙂