Baked potato wedges, a delicious, vegan, gluten-free side dish that only requires 7 ingredients and 30 minutes. They’re crisp in the outside and soft in the inside!
Our potato wedges are so popular on our Spanish blog, but as we started it one year before Simple Vegan Blog, we haven’t shared the recipe on the blog. We’ve made a new version for you guys, which is even simpler and super flavorful.
Oil is not necessary, you can omit it if you want, although your potato wedges will taste better and also will be super crispy if you use it (see notes for an oil-free version of this recipe).
Feel free to add any spices or herbs you have on hand, we use different ingredients every time we make this recipe, depending on what spices or herbs we have in our kitchen and it always works, I promise!
If you want to make potato wedges taste AMAZING, try adding our vegan Parmesan cheese just before serving, it’s the bomb!
LOOKING FOR MORE POTATO RECIPES?
- Vegan tortilla (Spanish omelette)
- Fat-free patatas bravas
- Potato salad with vegan ranch dressing
- Roasted pesto potatoes
- Potato wedge nachos
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 pound potatoes (450 g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into chunky wedges. You don’t need to peel them.
- Add the potato wedges and the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until they are golden brown, crisp outside, and tender inside.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce. We served them with our 2-minute healthy ketchup, but they’re also delicious with vegan mayonnaise and vegan yogurt sauce.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t want to use oil, omit it and add some water, vinegar or lemon juice if needed.
- Add your favorite spices and herbs and use any type of potatoes you want.
- Potato wedges taste even better if you add some vegan Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 248 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.4 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4.2 g