This vegan Baileys is healthier and creamier than the original. You won't tell the difference! Ready in 5 minutes with 5 ingredients.
I hardly ever drink alcohol, but when I do, Baileys is one of my favorite options. That's why I'm in love with this vegan Baileys, and it's SO good I want to share the recipe with you. Feel free to enjoy it on Saint Patrick's Day!
Besides, this dairy-free and lactose-free recipe tastes even better than the original one and is 100% plant-based. It is therefore perfect for you if you suffer from lactose intolerance. I've never enjoyed a homemade vegan Baileys as good as this one!
This is such a simple and easy-to-make drink that you won't buy it at the grocery store ever again. Besides, it's gluten-free and only requires 5 ingredients and just 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Jameson Irish Whiskey: feel free to customize this recipe with any type of whiskey.
- Vanilla extract: to make this vegan Irish cream I always use homemade vanilla extract as it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but the store-bought version will also work.
- Full-fat coconut milk: you could use another kind of plant milk, such as homemade cashew milk or maybe almond milk. However, I do suggest you use canned coconut milk.
- Agave or maple syrup: feel free to use other sweeteners instead, such as cane sugar, for example.
- Make it sugar-free: I’ve never tried it myself, but you can incorporate dates instead of syrup until the Baileys is sweet enough for you.
How to make vegan Baileys
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Serve your vegan Baileys chilled or with some ice.
How to store
- Fridge: keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Is Baileys vegan?
Original Baileys Irish Cream is a non-vegan drink because it is made with cream that comes from cow's milk, so it does contain dairy.
Feel free to add this vegan Baileys to your coffee or vegan hot chocolate for a delicious dessert. Just pour it in, stir, and enjoy!
Looking for more vegan drinks?
Did you make this vegan Baileys recipe?
Please leave a comment and rate it below. We’d love to hear from you!
This post contains affiliate links so you can easily find some of the products that we used to make this recipe. If you buy any of them through the links provided (without any extra cost for you), we'll get a commission. We're so grateful for your support!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for about 1 or 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve your vegan Baileys chilled or with some ice, and shake well before using. You could also add it to your coffee or vegan hot chocolate for a delicious dessert. Just pour it in, stir, and enjoy!
- Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.