Our tutorial will show you how to make chia seed jam at home. It requires 10 minutes and 5 ingredients. Feel free to use any fresh or frozen fruit or any sweetener you have on hand.
Most store-bought jams are full of refined sugar and other nasty ingredients, and those that are healthy and made with natural ingredients are usually expensive, so I prefer to make chia jam at home.
I'm in love with this ridiculously easy recipe and it just requires 5 ingredients! Besides, by using the gelling power of chia seeds we can transform 2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit into a delicious jam in just 10 minutes. Traditional jams contain an amount of sugar, but not this one.
You can use any fresh or frozen juicy fruit (depending on what's in season or the fruit you have on hand) and also any sweetener, although my favorite combo is raspberries/blueberries + maple syrup.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHIA RECIPES?
- 5-Ingredient strawberry chia pudding
- Blueberry overnight oats
- 4-Ingredient chocolate chia pudding
- Mango chia pudding
- Instant raspberry chia pudding
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
How To Make Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, or any other fresh or frozen fruit
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon maple or agave syrup
- Add raspberries and water to a saucepan and cook over medium-hight heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash the raspberries to your desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice, chia seeds and syrup. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then taste and add more syrup if needed.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes (it will thicken considerably as it cools).
- Stir the jam one more time and serve immediately, or keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Feel free to use any sweetener you have on hand.