This is our vegan crepes recipe, even if you’re not vegan you’re gonna love it! These crepes are so spongy and soft with a delicious vanilla flavor.
We love this recipe because it’s so simple. The dough is ready in only 5 minutes, so it’s perfect when you have unexpected guests or if you need to eat something sweet (or salty) and you want something quick and easy.
As you can see in the photo below the crepes dough is quite liquid, otherwise they would have a dense consistency like pancakes.
We’ve used whole wheat flour, so our recipe isn’t gluten free, although you can use other types of flour such as rice or corn flour. You can use other sweetener instead of brown sugar, like white sugar, stevia, agave syrup, maple syrup or honey (if you’re not vegan).
For the filling we’ve used homemade chocolate-hazelnut spread and we also have added icing sugar on top. If you subscribe to our blog, you’ll recieve our 10 Easy Vegan Recipes eCookBook for free with 10 delicious recipes, including the chocolate-hazelnut spread recipe.
With these ingredients we made 15 crepes (we used a 8″ or 20 cm skillet). If you want to freeze crepes I recommend you to put some waxed paper between each crepe and store them in a zipper storage bag. Defrost in the fridge and warm each crepe gently in a skillet before serving.
You can also make salty crepes with this recipe, there are so many delicious fillings!
You’re gonna love these vegan crepes, they’re so spongy and soft and have a delicious vanilla flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 15
- Category: Dessert, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk and if the batter is too thick, add more milk until you get the perfect consistency.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter, twirling the batter around to cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes until the batter gets darker, loosen the edges with a butter knife and flip the crepe.
- Cook one minute until brown the other side of the crepe.
- Serving Size: 1 crepe
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 34.3 g
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 2 g