This vegan pasta Alfredo is so delicious and creamy. It’s a healthier alternative and tastes incredibly good. Only 9 ingredients needed!
I love pasta Alfredo so much, it’s one of my favorite pasta recipes and this version is even better than the traditional one. You’re going to love it because is simple, super creamy, is made with less than 10 ingredients and ready in just 25 minutes!
Before I went vegan, I realized I didn’t feel well after eating dairy products, so I was looking for an easy and delicious alternative to pasta Alfredo and after trying so many recipes I made it, I found the best vegan pasta Alfredo recipe.
It’s healthier and also dairy and gluten-free, but feel free to use regular pasta if you want. We used gluten-free spaghetti, made with corn and rice flour, but I prefer brown rice or buckwheat pasta now because they’re less refined and tastes much better.
Look at the photos, the sauce is so creamy! We used homemade almond milk instead of cream and nutritional yeast instead of cheese. Believe me, you’ll barely notice any difference.
I tried nutritional yeast two years ago and I didn’t like it because of its strong taste, but now it’s one of my favorite foods in the whole word. I used to be addicted to cheese and I’m nooch-aholic now.
Even if you don’t like cauliflower, you need to try this pasta because you’re going to love it, I promise! Besides, it’s the perfect plant-based recipe for kids. Hope you enjoy it!
If you like this vegan pasta Alfredo, check out these pasta recipes: vegan stir fried Udon noodles, vegan Pad Thai, 15-minute coconut green pasta, lentil bolognese and simple vegan Piquillo pepper pasta (GF).
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 4 ounces gluten-free uncooked spaghetti (120 g)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (175 ml)
- 1 cup raw cauliflower (100 g), chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic over medium-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the almond milk and bring it to a boil.
- Low the heat to medium-high, add the cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook for about 7 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Add more milk if needed.
- Transfer to a blender and add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the sauce. Stir and serve (we added some dried oregano on top).
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 501.4 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.8 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 13.1 g