This 15-minute vegan mushroom soup is ridiculously easy to make. It’s a simple, hearty, super creamy soup. Use any kind of mushrooms for this recipe.
We had tons of mushrooms in our fridge last week, so I decided to make a super simple mushroom soup with just a few basic ingredients.
I’m in love with this recipe because is so flavorful and creamy and also a hearty and comforting dish, ready in just 15 minutes, which is awesome, especially on a daily basis or when you’re so busy, but still want to eat something simple and warm.
This fall is being cooler than usual and we’ve been so into soups lately. The weather in the south of Spain is pretty warm, so when it’s 4 degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit), we’re freezing like we were living in the North Pole.
Soups are healthy fast food, just add any veggies you have on hand to a large pot with some liquid (vegetable stock, plant milk, water) and your favorite spices, stir, cook and blend. That’s all! And they’re perfect for cold days and so good for your body. Hope you enjoy our recipe!
LOOKING FOR MORE SOUP RECIPES?
- 15-Minute simple vegan Miso soup
- Mexican-style tomato soup
- Sweet potato coconut curry soup
- Creamy vegan cauliflower soup
- Simple vegan detox soup
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add the veggies (mushrooms, garlic and onion), milk and vegetable stock to a large pot and bring to a boil. Then cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion or a regular blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (ginger, black pepper and lemon juice), stir and serve. We topped our soup with some sautéed mushrooms and chopped fresh parsley.
- Keep the vegan mushroom soup in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Any kind of mushrooms will do.
- We didn’t add salt, but it’s up to you. Tamari and soy sauce are also a great choice.
- Feel free to sauté the veggies in some oil before making the soup to make it even tastier, although it’s not necessary.
- Add your favorite spices, herbs and veggies.
- Water can be used instead of the milk and stock, but the soup won’t be as flavorful and creamy.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 853 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 9.9 g