This 15-minute vegan mushroom soup is ridiculously easy to make. It's a simple, hearty, super creamy soup. Use any kind of mushrooms for this recipe.
We had tons of mushrooms in our fridge last week, so I decided to make a super simple mushroom soup with just a few basic ingredients.
I'm in love with this recipe because is so flavorful and creamy and also a hearty and comforting dish, ready in just 15 minutes, which is awesome, especially on a daily basis or when you're so busy, but still want to eat something simple and warm.
This fall is being cooler than usual and we've been so into soups lately. The weather in the south of Spain is pretty warm, so when it's 4 degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit), we're freezing like we were living in the North Pole.
Soups are healthy fast food, just add any veggies you have on hand to a large pot with some liquid (vegetable stock, plant milk, water) and your favorite spices, stir, cook and blend. That's all! And they're perfect for cold days and so good for your body. Hope you enjoy our recipe!
LOOKING FOR MORE SOUP RECIPES?
- 15-Minute simple vegan Miso soup
- Mexican-style tomato soup
- Sweet potato coconut curry soup
- Creamy vegan cauliflower soup
- Simple vegan detox soup
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice, we used almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- The juice of a lemon
- Add the veggies (mushrooms, garlic and onion), milk and vegetable stock to a large pot and bring to a boil. Then cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion or a regular blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (ginger, black pepper and lemon juice), stir and serve. We topped our soup with some sautéed mushrooms and chopped fresh parsley.
- Keep the vegan mushroom soup in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Any kind of mushrooms will do.
- We didn't add salt, but it's up to you. Tamari and soy sauce are also a great choice.
- Feel free to sauté the veggies in some oil before making the soup to make it even tastier, although it's not necessary.
- Add your favorite spices, herbs and veggies.
- Water can be used instead of the milk and stock, but the soup won't be as flavorful and creamy.
Thank you for the recipe Iosune.
I made it to the recipe first time and enjoyed it as it was, however I like a much thicker soup with stronger mushroom flavour.
So I adjusted it the next time and it was just about spot on for my personal taste with half the amount of lemon, half the garlic, no milk to completely remove that amount of liquid and just add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cashew nuts for the nut milk creamyness as they blend in completely. Also thyme is a wonderful herb for mushrooms and I found a level teaspoon of dried thyme just about right.
The next time I put in a lot of the veggies I used to make the stock with as well to thicken it further and add a richer stock flavour. As a final touch I also kept back some of the chopped mushroom pieces before blending to have some nice chunks in there too. Just about perfect for me now.
Good recipe to adjust to personal taste, so thank you!
Iosune Robles says
Hi Stuart! Thank you so much for your kind comment 🙂