Vegan chicken noodle soup, a plant-based version of this comforting dish. It’s healthy, satisfying, full of flavor, and ready in 30 minutes!
This vegan chicken noodle soup is so warm and comforting you will want to have it every day. It is flavorful and super easy to make, and it will make you feel better if you’re sick.
I love that it is ready in just 30 minutes and that it’s healthy and nutritious as well as delicious. Besides, it is so versatile that you can customize it with your favorite ingredients. Anyhow, it is always delicious!
How to make vegan chicken noodle soup
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the veggies and the vegan chicken pieces and simmer over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Incorporate the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta), stir, and bring to a boil. Then add the pasta and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaves, and serve your vegan chicken noodle soup immediately.
Vegan chicken noodle soup ingredients and tips
- Extra virgin olive oil: I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my dishes. However, any type of oil is okay. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier.
- Vegan chicken pieces: any brand of vegan chicken pieces will work (use them gluten-free if needed). You could also use other sources of plant-based protein like seitan, tempeh, tofu, or even legumes (chickpeas work great for this recipe), but I do suggest you make your own vegan chicken at home. It’s so delicious!
- Salt: I used ionized salt, but any salt will do.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought version to be more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Poultry seasoning: you can use it store-bought or make your own version following our super simple recipe!
- Bay leaves.
- Vegetable stock: making your own vegetable broth at home is the best idea, but feel free to buy it at the store if you want.
- Vegan noodles: use gluten-free pasta if needed. I used fusilli, but any type of noodles will do.
Looking for more vegan soup recipes?
Did you make this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe?Print
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 8 oz vegan chicken pieces, gluten-free if needed (225 g), see notes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable stock (1 liter)
- 4 oz vegan noodles (115 g), gluten-free if needed, I used fusilli
- Heat the oil in a large pot. If you don’t consume oil, use some extra vegetable stock or water instead.
- Add the veggies (carrot, celery, onion, and garlic) and the vegan chicken pieces and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Incorporate the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta), stir, and bring to a boil. Then add the pasta and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaves, and serve your vegan chicken noodle soup immediately. I added some chopped fresh parsley on top, but that’s optional.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
- Feel free to customize your vegan chicken noodle soup recipe with any veggies, spices, or herbs you have on hand.
- Use any type of oil, salt, or vegan noodles you want.
- Any brand of vegan chicken pieces will work (use them gluten-free if needed). You could also use other sources of plant-based protein like seitan, tempeh, tofu, or even legumes (chickpeas work great for this recipe), or make your own vegan chicken at home. It’s so delicious!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 235.6
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 589.8 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 14.4 g
Update Notes: This post was originally published in December of 2018, but was republished with new photos, step-by-step instructions, and tips in April of 2022.