This vegan BLT sandwich is made with 7 ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes. It's healthier, lighter and also tastes amazing.
Today we're going to veganize the classic BLT sandwich. Our recipe it's pretty similar to the traditional one, but we've use vegan mayonnaise and vegan bacon instead.
Vegan BLT sandwich is really easy to make, just toast the bread, spread the mayo on both slices and add the rest of the ingredients, that's all! According to Food Wishes, the classic recommended layering is lettuce first, then bacon, then tomato, but I've seen so many versions.
You can make this sandwich using vegan mayonnaise and tempeh bacon (it's the most flavorful), or using vegan mayo and eggplant bacon (it's the lighter option).
Seriously guys, it's the best vegan sandwich I've ever tried! If you're a huge fan of mayo and bacon (vegan, of course!) as I am, you should give it a try.
LOOKING FOR MORE VEGAN LUNCH RECIPES?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan BLT Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread, see notes
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 3-4 slices of tempeh bacon, or 2 slices of eggplant bacon
- 2 tomato slices
- 1-2 romaine lettuce leaves
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper, optional
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven or toaster (optional).
- To assemble the sandwich spread the vegan mayo on the toasted bread slices. Top one slice with tempeh bacon, tomato slices and lettuce leaves, add salt and black pepper to taste and top with the other slice of bread.
- Best when fresh, but it can be made ahead of time and lasts a few hours.
- Use store-bought bread (gluten-free if needed) or make our easy rye and spelt bread or our gluten-free bread.
- Feel free to use store-bought vegan mayo/bacon, although homemade is healthier, more affordable and tastes amazing.
We made this using tempeh "Fakin Bacon" from Lightlife Foods. Served it with some oven-baked garlic "parmesan" fries. This will be on our regular rotation!
Hi Marrok! Sounds so good 🙂 SO glad you enjoyed it!
jenna urben says
Wow, your homemade mayo looks great on this! I have been seeing this sandwich all over, I can't wait to use your recipe and make it at home.
Hi Jenna! Thanks a lot 🙂 Hope you like it!
Great recipe. Thank you. Plan on making this next week.
Hi Donna! You're so welcome 🙂 Hope you enjoy it!