This vegan BLT sandwich is made with 7 ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes. It's healthier, lighter and also tastes amazing.
Today we're going to veganize the classic BLT sandwich. Our recipe it's pretty similar to the traditional one, but we've use vegan mayonnaise and vegan bacon instead.
Vegan BLT sandwich is really easy to make, just toast the bread, spread the mayo on both slices and add the rest of the ingredients, that's all! According to Food Wishes, the classic recommended layering is lettuce first, then bacon, then tomato, but I've seen so many versions.
You can make this sandwich 3 ways: using vegan mayonnaise and tempeh bacon (it's the most flavorful), using oil-free vegan mayo and eggplant bacon (it's the lighter option) and using oil-free vegan mayo and tempeh bacon (which it's the version we made). We think tempeh bacon tastes much better than eggplant bacon and as oil-free vegan mayo is really delicious, we prefer to add the extra calories with the tempeh bacon, not with the mayo, but it's up to you.
Seriously guys, it's the best vegan sandwich I've ever tried! If you're a huge fan of mayo and bacon (vegan, of course!) as I am, you should give it a try.
LOOKING FOR MORE SANDWICH RECIPES?
- Vegan pesto, hummus, avocado sandwich
- Simple hummus sandwich
- Vegan bagel sandwich
- Peanut butter & rhubarb jelly sandwich
- Vegan tuna sandwich
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan BLT Sandwich
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven or toaster (optional).
- To assemble the sandwich spread the vegan mayo on the toasted bread slices. Top one slice with tempeh bacon, tomato slices and lettuce leaves, add salt and black pepper to taste and top with the other slice of bread.
- Best when fresh, but it can be made ahead of time and lasts a few hours.