This quick and flavorful pizza sauce will make your pizza nights! Easy to make, it's vegan and ready in 5 minutes with only 9 ingredients.
Have you ever wondered how to make pizza sauce? If so, then you've come to the right place! It is actually one of the easiest recipes ever, as you just need to blend all the ingredients together. That's all!
Besides, by making it at home you can be assured that it does not contain any additives, preservatives, or added sugars. That means this pizza sauce recipe is actually healthier than the store-bought ones!
How to make pizza sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Use your pizza sauce in your favorite pasta or pizza recipes.
Pizza sauce ingredients and tips
- Crushed tomatoes: you could also use tomato puree.
- Tomato paste: feel free to omit this ingredient if you can’t find it, but it will make your sauce taste better.
- Extra virgin olive oil: I like to use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my recipes, but any type of oil will do. Unrefined oils are the best choice though.
- Granulated sugar: feel free to use any kind of sugar, like brown, coconut, or cane sugar.
- Garlic powder: you could also use fresh garlic and sautée it with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. However, I find garlic powder to be more convenient.
- Dried oregano: fresh oregano is also a good choice.
- Dried basil: fresh basil works great too.
- Salt: I used iodized salt, but any salt will do.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought one more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Use it in recipes like vegan pizza, vegan pasta salad, one-pot pasta, and more!
Looking for more vegan sauce recipes?
Did you make this pizza sauce recipe?
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Crushed tomatoes can be replaced with some tomato puree.
- Omit the tomato paste if you can’t find it.
- Feel free to use any type of oil, sugar, and salt, as well as any spices or dried or fresh herbs.