Hi guys! Here we are with another soup recipe. Did you see our last post? You’ll find 10 vegan soups and stews. All of them are affordable, easy to make and extremely delicious. ?
We love Spanish food, but we are always trying new dishes and cuisines. Like most of our readers are Americans, we’ve tried so many delicious American recipes, like this corn chowder. We make our own version and it tastes awesome!
This corn chowder is ready in just 30 minutes, all the ingredients are easy to get and is a comforting and satisfying meal, perfect for lunch or dinner, you choose! We usually eat our soups and stews with a bowl of salad and sometimes we also eat some unrefined bread (our easy rye and spelt bread is so good, if you can eat gluten).
By the way, which is your favorite cuisine? Please let us know in the comments below!
- Feel free to use other plant milks.
- We used frozen corn kernels, so if you use another type, maybe you’ll need to cook them longer or even add them later.
- You can peel them potatoes or not, it’s up to you!
- We really love apple cider vinegar because it’s super healthy and tasty great, but I suppose other types of vinegar also will work.
- If you don’t like tamari or soy sauce or you don’t consume soy, add some sea salt to taste instead.
- For those of you who can’t find nutritional yeast, you can use brewer’s yeast instead or even add some beer to the chowder. If you do, add less water.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 chopped medium potatoes
- 4 cups corn kernels (540 g)
- 3 cups water (750 ml)
- 1 cup soy milk (250 ml)
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat some water in a large pot and bring it to a boil, then add the veggies and the corn and cook over medium-high heat until they’re cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook another 5 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Blend 1/3 of the soup in a blender. Add the mixture to the pot, stir and serve.
- We added some fresh parsley, red bell pepper and celery on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!