This simple Spanish sangria is so delicious, healthy, refreshing and perfect for the summer. It only requires 7 ingredients and is so easy to make.
I don’t drink alcohol very often, but when I do, I prefer beer or wine over other beverages with higher alcohol content and sangria is one of my favorite alcoholic drinks (especially during the summer) because I’m Spanish, is so refreshing and tastes amazing.
Traditional Spanish sangria is made with white sugar and some people also add soda or even brandy, but I prefer this version because is much healthier and so good.
I’ve found some white sangria recipes on the internet, but I’ve never seen it here in Spain. We use some Spanish red wine, but any other wine you have on hand is also a good choice.
If you don’t drink alcohol, try our non alcoholic sangria or as you can see in the notes of this recipe, you can also use grape or blueberry juice instead of the red wine.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 3 cups red wine (750 ml)
- 2 cups orange juice (500 ml)
- The juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp coconut, cane or brown sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 peach
- Ice cubes to taste (optional)
- Pour the wine into a large pitcher.
- Chop the fruits into small pieces and add them to the pitcher. Add them just after you chop them to prevent oxidation.
- Then add the orange and lemon juice and the sugar and stir until well combined.
- You can add the ice cubes and serve the sangria immediately, but it’s better to let it stand in the fridge for at least two hours and then add some ice cubes if you want. Stir just before serving.
- Store the sangria in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Use Spanish red wine if you can, but don’t be afraid to use any other red wine if you can’t find it.
- If you don’t drink alcohol, use some grape or blueberry juice instead of the wine.
- Feel free to use any sweetener you have on hand.
- Add your favorite fruits.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 17.1 g
- Sodium: 6.1 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g