It's almost summer, so it's gazpacho time! Gazpacho is one of my all time favorite Spanish recipes, it's a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold. We eat it especially during the hot summers because is so refreshing.
There are other Spanish cold soup recipes like salmorejo, porra or ajo blanco (we'll share the recipes soon!), but gazpacho is my favorite because is gluten-free and also lighter than the other soups.
I usually eat gazpacho as a starter for lunch (which is our main meal of the day) or for dinner with some raw veggies on top and I also add some extra virgin olive oil and black pepper on top, it tastes like heaven!
- If you can't digest garlic properly, use garlic powder or cooked garlic.
- Some people also add red bell pepper, onion or even carrots, so feel free to add your favorite veggies.
- Some people add bread, but I prefer to make a gluten-free recipe.
- I use apple cider vinegar because is super healthy, but you can use your favorite vinegar.
- Avoid refined oils. Here in Spain we use extra virgin olive oil, but if you don't like it or if it's really expansive in your country, don't worry, use any other unrefined oil.
- Add less oil for a lighter version of this recipe.
Product used to make this recipe:
Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold. We eat it especially during the hot summers because is so refreshing.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 2.2 lbs very ripe tomatoes (1 kg)
- 1 cucumber (180 g)
- 2 Italian green peppers (230 g)
- 1 clove of garlic (remove the germ to improve your digestion)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (75 g)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Chop the veggies and place them with the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chill gazpacho in the fridge for at least 1 or 2 hours, or until it's really cold.
- Serve in individual bowls with some raw veggies (I added chopped tomato, green pepper and cucumber), extra virgin olive oil and black pepper on top (optional).
- Serving Size: ⅛ of the recipe
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 476mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 1.6g
Keywords: spanish gazpacho, gazpacho
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network)!