Summer is my favorite time of the year! I love to go to the beach, eat delicious fruits and enjoy the sun. The only bad thing about summer are the super hot days we have here in Malaga, although fortunately we have a great weather most of the time.
It's so important to drink enough water when it's hot and I know some of you don't like it, but it's good for your gorgeous body! If you don't like water, try to make fruit infused water, it's so refreshing and tastes amazing. You just need to slice of chop fruits and veggies, place them in a glass jar with some water and let it stand in the fridge for at least one hour. Sounds amazing, right?
Please avoid soda and those artificial and refined beverages you can find in the supermarkets. It's really easy to make a healthy drink that also tastes good. Juices are a great choice as well, especially if you make them with lots of veggies.
I (almost) always bring a bottle of water in my purse or backpack, but I also buy smoothies and juices on the go, especially in summer because they give me so much energy and help me to stay hydrated. If you come to Malaga, you need to go to Atarazanas market. You'll find a stand with the best juices I've ever tried and they're really cheap (2 euros). I'm craving one of them right now!
- Use any fruits or herbs you want.
- If you don't like cold drinks, let stand the water at room temperature.
- You can eat the fruit with the water or use it to make smoothies or any other recipe. I recommend you not to re-use the fruit more than once.
Refreshing Infused Water
- 6 strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- 2 lemons
- A handful of fresh mint
- 4 cups water
- Wash and slice the fruits.
- Place them in a glass jar and add the mint leaves and the water.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours (can even do overnight). The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be.
- Nutritional information: this recipe contains little or no calories. The water may contain some of the water-soluble vitamins of the fruit.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Leave a Reply