It’s really important to drink water, but sometimes it could be hard. Many people only drink when they’re really thirsty, but this is really bad for the body. Another important thing is to drink healthy beverages, water is the best choice, but if you don’t like it, at least try to avoid sodas, store bought juices and sugary drinks.
Fruit infused waters are a great alternative to water because they taste amazing and they’re made with super healthy ingredients. These beverages can help you to lose weight, detoxify your body or get rid cellulite and they’re so cheap!
I usually drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (2 liters or 67 ounces) and I feel amazing. At the beginning it could be hard, but once you get used to it, it will be really easy. Drinking water is also so good for your skin.
To make fruit infused waters you just have to place all the ingredients in a glass jar, easy peasy! You can use any fruit or herb you like, but this is the best recipe I’ve ever tried and is really simple, only 3 ingredients need: strawberries, oranges and mint leaves.
Once you have your fruit infused water done, refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours (can even do overnight). The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be. You can eat the fruits or using them to make smoothies.
Have you ever tried fruit infused waters? If you make this refreshing recipe, please leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).
- 1 orange, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 cups water (1 l)
- Place the sliced fruits and the mint leaves in a glass jar.
- Pour the water and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours (can even do overnight). The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be.
- Keep it in a sealed jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 or 2 days.
- Feel free to use any fruits you have on hand.
- I prefer to use fresh fruits on a daily basis, but frozen fruit also works great, especially during summer as it will make your water more refreshing.
- Add ice cubes if you want to enjoy your water immediately.
- You could also add other ingredients like spices (like cinnamon sticks), other herbs (like rosemary), or even veggies (like cucumber).
- Nutritional information: this recipe contains little or no calories. The water may contain some of the water-soluble vitamins of the fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 cup (250 ml)
- Calories: 0