I can’t live without cheese, so I’ve been looking for some yummy vegan cheese recipe for a long time, and finally I found it! When we tried it we couldn’t believe it was not real cheese. It has the same taste and consistency!
We usually eat this vegan cheese with our baked tortilla chips, but if you want something lighter you can eat it with some crudités.
The ingredients are easy to get and they are quite cheap. The recipe is so easy to make, you just have to boil the veggies and blend all the ingredients. This vegan cheese is also gluten and dairy free, so you can enjoy this gorgeous recipe if you are a celiac or a lactose intolerant.
We’ll show you more recipes with this vegan cheese, like pizza or pasta, we are totally in love with it!
Before finding this amazing recipe we have tried a lot of vegetable cheese, although they were not bad they had nothing to do with real cheese, so when we found this one I could realize my dream of finding a healthy vegan cheese, gluten and lactose free, and it tastes so amazing!
The original recipe is from Veggie on a Penny (you can see their recipe here). We love this blog and we will be eternally grateful for this delicious cheese. Seriously, you NEED to try it, you will find no difference with real cheese!
This vegan cheese tastes like real cheese. It’s also gluten free and the ingredients are easy to get.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Sauce, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
- 2 cups potatoes (360 grams)
- 1 cup carrots (135 grams)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup water (125 milliliters)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- Boil the potatoes and carrots for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If you can’t find nutritional yeast, you can use brewer’s yeast instead of nutritional yeast, or you can use beer instead of water.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 411.1 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 3.9 g