Sometimes it’s hard to find vegan restaurants here in Spain, but there are some plant based Spanish dishes you can find easily like gazpacho, spinach with chickpeas or eggplant with molasses. There are also some non Spanish restaurants with vegan options and falafel is one of my favorite alternatives, I love it! It’s usually served with raw veggies, pita bread and yogurt sauce. I missed the yogurt sauce, so I decided to make a vegan version and I’m in love with this recipe!
Homemade sauces are usually super easy to make and they’re much healthier than store-bought, besides, you can use your favorite ingredients. I’ll share you with you my baked falafel recipe next week, so yummy!
- I used homemade coconut yogurt, but I also love homemade soy yogurt. Anyway, any other non-dairy yogurt is okay.
- Any non-refined oil will work (except maybe coconut oil because it can solidify), although I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil because it’s the oil we use in the Mediterrean cuisine.
- If you prefer, you can add dried mint, but maybe you’ll have to add more.
- Garlic powder can be easier to digest than fresh garlic.
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt (125 g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).