Vegan cream cheese frosting, made with only 5 ingredients in just 10 minutes. It is absolutely delicious, sweet, and creamy. So satisfying!
This vegan cream cheese frosting is super easy to make! It is simple, quick, and absolutely delicious, as well as sweet, creamy, and satisfying. Besides, to make it you only need 5 simple ingredients and it's ready in just 10 minutes!
It is made with vegan butter and vegan cream cheese, among others, so you probably already have them in your pantry. You can use it to frost all kinds of vegan cakes or cupcakes. I hope you like it!
Vegan cream cheese frosting recipe - Short video
How to make vegan cream cheese frosting - Step by step
- Add the vegan butter to an electric mixer bowl (photo 1) and beat until light and fluffy (photo 2).
- Add the vegan cream cheese (photo 3) and beat again (photo 4). You could also use a regular large bowl and a hand mixer.
- Then incorporate the vanilla extract and the salt (photo 5) and beat once more (photo 6).
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, ½ cup (120 g) at a time (photo 7), and continue mixing until thick and creamy (photo 8).
- Use your vegan cream cheese frosting immediately.
Ingredients and tips
- Vegan butter: the store-bought version works really well, but you can also make your own vegan butter at home. However, for this recipe, I always use the store-bought one.
- Vegan cream cheese: you could either use store-bought vegan cream cheese or a homemade version.
- Vanilla extract: I always use homemade vanilla extract as it’s more affordable and extremely easy to make, but feel free to buy it at the store.
- Salt: I used iodized salt, but any type of salt will do.
- Powdered sugar: you can buy powdered sugar or make it on your own in just about 2 minutes with only 2 simple ingredients.
- Use it to frost vegan carrot cake, or vegan vanilla cupcakes. I usually keep the frosting in the fridge so it firms up before using, but you could also frost your cake or cupcakes immediately and keep them in the fridge until the frosting is firm.
Looking for more how-to vegan recipes?
Did you make this vegan cream cheese frosting?
Please leave a comment below, share it, or rate it. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Add the vegan butter to an electric mixer bowl and beat until light and fluffy. You could also use a regular large bowl and a hand mixer.
- Add the vegan cream cheese and beat again.
- Then incorporate the vanilla extract and the salt and beat once more.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, ½ cup (120 g) at a time, and continue mixing until thick and creamy. Add more powdered sugar if needed.
- I usually keep the frosting in the fridge so it firms up before using, but you could also frost your cake or cupcakes immediately and keep them in the fridge until the frosting is firm.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will firm up when it’s cold, so let it soften at room temperature before frosting your cakes or cupcakes with it.
- I used store-bought vegan butter and vegan cream cheese to make this frosting.
- This recipe makes enough frosting for about 12 cupcakes or to frost an 8 or 9-inch two-layer cake (20-23 cm).
- You should use softened but not melted vegan butter. This is really important or the vegan cream cheese frosting won’t get the proper consistency.
- Make sure the sugar you’re using is vegan. I prefer to buy vegan granulated sugar and make my own powdered sugar, but it’s up to you.
- Prep time doesn’t include the time you need to keep the frosting in the fridge to firm up.
I used this frosting to make a vegan carrot cake and it worked amazingly well. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks a lot for sharing 🙂