This homemade sweet and sour sauce is really easy to make and is ready in 10 minutes. It tastes better than store bought and is also healthier. Vegan and gluten-free recipe!Print
- 1 tbsp ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/3 cup water (80 ml)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Mix ketchup or tomato sauce, tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar and agave syrup in a bowl.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Mix all the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture in a saucepan over high heat until it just begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool.