This green juice is perfect for beginners because is made with simple ingredients and tastes so good. It’s a super healthy and nutritious drink!
We have a new juicer, yay! It’s the best juicer we’ve ever tried, so I thought it would be a great idea to make a green juice for beginners. It’s super healthy, but also tastes awesome.
Fruit juices tastes amazing, but they’re so full fo sugar, that’s why it’s better to drink green juices on a daily basis. Green juices don’t taste as good as fruit juices and they can have a strong flavor, but if you learn how to make them, they can be delicious as well.
When I make green juices I always use one or two pieces of fruit (apples, pears and lemons are my favorite ones), leafy greens (spinach is the best choice for beginners), some vegetable with a high water content (like cucumber or celery) and other ingredients to make them even more nutritious (ginger, turmeric, superfoods, etc.).
I’m in love with this juice because is made with simple ingredients (if you can’t find fennel, add more celery instead), is also pretty inexpensive and so tasty. You really need to give it a try!
We hosted some workshops about juicing and making plant milks last year here an Spain, so I’ve been thinking about making an ebook about these topics. What do you think? If you’re insterested, please leave a comment below!
If you like our green juice for beginners, check out these juice recipes: glowing skin juice, detox green juice, the best juice for water retention, green juice for weight loss, detox juice and immune booster juice.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
PRODUCT WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
*** 5% off using our discount code SIMPLEVEGANBLOG on all Vitality 4 Life products.
- 2 pears
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach (about 1.5 oz or 40 g)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 0.5-inch piece of ginger root (about 1cm)
- 1/4 fennel bulb (or 2 stalks of celery)
- Wash and chop all the ingredients. You don’t need to peel the pears or the ginger root, although if they’re not organic you should.
- Put everything through the juicer.
- Our juicer has a strainer, so we don’t strain the juice, but if your juicer hasn’t one, maybe you want to strainer your juice to get a better texture, it’s up to you.
- This green juice is better fresh, but you can also keep it in a jar or sealed container in the fridge for up to 72 hours. Fill your juice to the top of the container to prevent oxidation. Feel free to freeze it for up to a week, but don’t fill the container to the top or it could explode.
- Apples are also a great choice.
- Use any leafy greens you have on hand, although spinach is the best for beginners as it hasn’t a strong flavor.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like cucumber, lemon, turmeric root, superfoods, etc.
- If you don’t have ginger root, add some ground ginger to taste.