I eat oats very often. I use them to make all kinds of recipes, but I prefer to add oats to my morning green smoothie. I also make oatmeal or porridge, especially when I’m not at home and I can get a powerful blender to make my smoothies or when I want something warm and comforting.
Overnight oats are not very common here in Spain and I don’t know why. I discovered this recipe reading English and American blogs and I loved the idea, but I’ve never made it until now, it’s great! It’s the perfect meal to eat on the go, it’s a healthy breakfast (or snack) and you can make it the night before. If you are a busy person, you need to try this amazing recipe!
Everybody can make overnight oats, it’s the easiest recipe you can make! You only need a jar and a spoon, that’s all. Mix all the ingredients, store the jar in the fridge overnight and enjoy a super delicious breakfast in the morning!
- Use your favorite plant milk. I love oat milk, but if you use almond or coconut milk, you’ll get a creamier texture.
- Dates and maple syrup are the sweeteners I always have in my kitchen, but feel free to use another one, just add it gently and try the oats until they’re sweet enough for you.
- Instead of the chia seeds, you can add more oats.
- If you don’t like or have almond butter, use any other nut butter or a tablespoon of non refined coconut oil.
- 1 cup oat milk (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup oats (160 g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp blueberry jam
- Mix the oat milk and the maple syrup in a jar.
- Add the oats and the chia seeds and stir until well combined.
- Add the almond butter and the blueberry jam. They don’t need to be completely mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with a lid and store the jar in the fridge overnight.
- Add more almond butter, jam, fresh blueberries and oats before serving (optional).
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).