I tried an açai bowl for the first time last month in Edinburgh and I really enjoyed it. I shared a picture on Instagram stories asking you guys if you want me to share the recipe and here it is.
Just in case you don’t know, açai is a berry found in the rain forests of the Amazon and it has so many health benefits. It boosts the immune system, increases overall the level of energy and stamina, lowers cholesterol, helps you lose weight, has high levels of antioxidants, etc.
I’ve seen many bloggers use açai puree, but I only found açai powder here in Spain, so it’s what I used. I guess the puree is less processed and more nutritious, but the powder is also a great choice, it’s more convenient and lasts longer.
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Easy Açai Bowl
This açai bowl is a super healthy breakfast recipe and is ready in less than 5 minutes. It’s so creamy, tasty and good for your body.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1-2
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (150 g)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (85 ml)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- 2 tbsp açai powder
- Chop the bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We added fresh blueberries, kiwifruit and walnuts.
- I used frozen bananas to make the açai bowl creamier. Feel free to add regular bananas if you want, but add less milk.
- Frozen blueberries can be used as well. Add more milk if needed.
- Use unsweetened or sweetened milk, you choose. Any plant milk is okay.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 21.9 g
- Sodium: 29 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 2 g