Easy cinnamon baked apples, made with just 5 ingredients and naturally sweetened. They’re low in fat, so healthy and a super delicious dessert!
My mother used to bake apples very often in fall and winter when I was a child. The kitchen smelt amazing and I love them, so I thought I should make my own recipe and share it with you guys!
She didn’t peel the apples, but I do because I think they tastes better this way, it’s up to you! She also added lots of refined white sugar and I prefer to use natural sweeteners in moderation (just 2 tablespoons), like maple syrup, which it’s my favorite one, although any sweetener will do.
This recipe is extremely simple and easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients: apples, maple syrup, cornstarch, lemon juice and ground cinnamon. Besides, it’s oil-free and low in fat and is delicious with some vegan vanilla ice cream, with our coconut whipped cream or just by itself. Hope you like it!
LOOKING FOR MORE APPLE RECIPES?
- Zucchini noodles with avocado sauce
- Vegan pesto, hummus, avocado sandwich
- Avocado hummus toasts with chickpeas
- Baked avocado fries
- Vegan breakfast tacos
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 3 medium apples, we used red apples
- 2 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Add the apples and the rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- You could also mix the ingredients directly in the baking dish.
- Add to a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some vegan vanila ice cream or coconut whipped cream (optional). Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Feel free to use any type of apples, sweetener or starch.
- We used store-bought vanilla ice cream made with cashews.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 31.2 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.3 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 0.7 g