Whole roasted cauliflower, a great vegan alternative for the holidays, special occasions or everyday cooking. It’s a delicious side or main dish.
Many people I know don’t like cauliflower and I think it’s because they don’t know how to make delicious recipes with this amazing veggie. I used to hate it as well, but it has become a staple in my kitchen and I couldn’t live without it.
Whole roasted cauliflower is a great vegan alternative for the holidays. It’s healthier, lower in fat, so I prefer to eat it as a side dish or with some kind of starch or plant-based protein like for example our vegan Hasselback potatoes.
This recipe is not only for Christmas, but also for special occasions or everyday cooking because the cauliflower is ready to bake in just 5 minutes and then just only need to bake it until golden brown. Besides, it goes well with everything and is delicious with any spices or herbs you have on hand.
LOOKING FOR MORE CAULIFLOWER RECIPES?
- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Creamy vegan cauliflower soup
- Cauliflower rice risotto
- Buffalo cauliflower wings
- Aloo Gobi Matar (potato, cauliflower and pea curry)
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large cauliflower (2 pounds or 900 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (except the cauliflower) until well combined.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
- Rub the marinade all over the cauliflower, then place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. We don’t like our cauliflower super soft, just al dente, so feel free to bake it longer if you want.
- Top the whole roasted cauliflower with some chopped fresh parsley and almond flakes (optional) and serve.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If you prefer to use oil instead of tahini, add 3 to 4 tbsp of oil and omit the water.
- Add your favorite spices and herbs.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 196 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 6 g