I love this cauliflower pizza crust because it's scrumptious, tasty, crispy, healthy and the ingredients are easy to get. Most gluten-free pizza crusts use gluten-free flours with a lot of additives and preservatives and they are so unhealthy, but this recipe use ingredients that you can get easily, so that's why I think this recipe is so perfect.
You only need cauliflower, rice flour, chickpea flour, flax seed and water for the dough, that's all! You can find these ingredients in almost any supermarket. You can also use another flour you have at home, you'll need to add more or less flour because every flour needs a different amount of liquid.
We've added hummus instead of tomato sauce and it tastes amazing! It has a Mediterranean taste and we love it. We've also added two kinds of cherry tomatoes, black olives, oregano and extra virgin olive oil.
I thought it would be more difficult to eat gluten-free but fortunately it's not. If you have delicious and simple recipes you can eat what you want (a gluten-free version, of course).
You can see the pizzas before and after baking at the two pictures below. You need to bake them until golden brown, add hummus and vegetables and bake for about 10 minutes or until the ingredients are cooked.
With the ingredients of the recipe we made eight small pizzas, but you can also make two large pizzas. You can freeze the dough, but I recommend you to bake the pizzas for at least 15 or 20 minutes before you put them in the freezer. This way when you want to cook the pizzas you only have to take them out of the freezer, add the ingredients and bake them.
We always use the same amount of cauliflower and rice flour, although the amount of chickpea flour may vary. This depends on the water of the cauliflower, so I recommend you to add a cup chickpea flour (100 grams) and if the dough is too sticky, you can add more, if the dough is too dry you can add some water. We've used 2 cups of chickpea flour (200 grams) this time.
We also love this pizza crust with some tomato sauce and vegan cheese on top, you need to try it, seriously, it's really really awesome!
We haven't added salt to the dough or the veggies, but it's up to you. The olive oil is optional, especially if you are on a diet, but it makes the pizza more juicy. You can also add lemon juice if you want to save calories for dessert, or for more cauliflower pizza crust!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Vegan and Gluten Free )
I love this cauliflower pizza crust because is delicious, tasty, crispy, healthy and the ingredients are really easy to get.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
- 3 cups cauliflower (500 grams)
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds + 9 tablespoons water
- 1 cup rice flour (150 grams)
- 1 or 2 cups chickpea flour (100 or 200 grams) *
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 black olives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 º C or 390 º F.
- Cut off the florets of the cauliflower, you don't need much stem. Place the florets in a blender or food processor and pulse until you get cauliflower crumbs.
- Place the cauliflower crumbs in a non-stick pan (with no oil) and cook them over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- When the cauliflower is cold, place it in a napkin, cheesecloth or strainer to remove as much water as you can.
- Place the flax seeds and the water in a blender and blend until smooth. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- In a big bowl, add the cauliflower crumbs, flax eggs (flax seeds + water), rice flour and 1 cup of chickpea flour (100 grams). You can also add salt, spices or herbs. Mix all the ingredients with your hands. If the dough is sticky, add more chickpea flour (we've used 2 cups or 200 grams). If the dough is too dry, add some water. You can also knead the dough on a floured board.
- Place the pizza crusts onto a baking sheet with baking paper. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread the hummus, add the tomatoes, olives and oregano and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil and serve.
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe
- Calories: 587
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 168.5 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 96.1 g
- Fiber: 18.9 g
- Protein: 26 g
Keywords: cauliflower pizza crust, vegan cauliflower pizza crust, vegan cauliflower pizza