This vegan broccoli cheese soup is super tasty, simple, low in fat and good for your body. It's the perfect lunch recipe for the fall and winter months.
Fall is pretty warm here in Seville, but if the weather is not too hot (over 85ºF or 30ºC), we eat soups, no matter the time of the year.
We've adapted our vegan cheese (which is one of the most popular recipes on the blog) to make an oil-free, low fat, vegan version of the classic broccoli cheese soup and it's so delightful.
Some people don't blend the broccoli florets and others add more veggies to the soup, but this is our favorite way to make this recipe. If you prefer chunky soups, don't blend the broccoli or add other steamed or boiled veggies.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots and steam (or boil) them for 20 minutes or until soft.
- In the meanwhile, steam (or boil) the broccoli florets for 5 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- When the veggies are cooked, add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook the soup in a large pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with your favorite ingredients (we added some baked croutons and chopped fresh parsley).
- Keep the vegan broccoli cheese soup in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Feel free to add other veggies, spices or herbs.