Breakfast is really important, so if you don’t have much time, you can make a big batch of granola once or twice a month. You just need to mix it with your favorite plant milk and you have your breakfast ready in just 1 minute! You can also add other ingredients like fresh fruits or some nut butter.
It’s also a perfect snack and I always bring granola with me when I travel, just in case I can’t find anything to eat. This recipe is also oil-free, so is even lighter and lower in fat and you won’t even notice, I promise!
Granola is usually made with nuts, seeds, rolled oats, dried fruits and honey, but maple and agave syrup taste amazing, are super healthy and cruelty-free! I’ve always added extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, but it’s not necessary at all.
To make the granola you just need to mix all the ingredients in a big bowl. I prefer to heat the wet ingredients in a saucepan because it’s easy to mix them with the dry ingredients if they’re hot, but if you don’t use coconut oil, you can remove this step.
Then you have to spread the granola onto a baking tray, bake it for 25 minutes and that’s all! I usually stir the granola once or twice while baking to get a crumbly granola, but this is not necessary, it’s totally up to you.
Cashew milk is my favorite plant milk, but almond milk also tastes really awesome. However, I prefer to drink oat milk because is delicious and lighter than nut milks. You can find the recipe in our 10 Easy Vegan Recipes FREE eCookbook. Homemade plant milks taste better and they’re usually more affordable.
If you don’t like Goji berries or you can’t find them, don’t worry, feel free to use other dried fruits, nuts or seeds, this recipe is super easy to make and always works. Don’t forget to tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or on any other social network) or leave a comment if you make this oil free granola!
- 2 cups rolled oats (200 g)
- 1 cup chopped almonds (160 g)
- 1 cup chopped dates (170 g)
- ½ cup Goji berries (60 g)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds (70 g)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water (125 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (215 g)
- Preheat the oven to 320ºF or 160ºC.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl (rolled oats, chopped almonds, chopped dates, Goji berries, sunflower seeds and ground cinnamon).
- In a saucepan, heat the wet ingredients (water, vanilla extract and maple syrup) for about 2 minutes. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the granola onto a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to get a more crumbly granola.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.