This breakfast recipe is for those of you that don't have much time in the morning. You can make it the day before and the only thing you have to do in the morning is enjoying these delicious oats! It's also a great snack to eat on the go.
I couldn't live without oats, I use it all the time to make oatmeal, smoothies and all kinds of sweet and savory recipes. It's probably one of my favorite ingredients, they're super healthy and so inexpensive. I buy regular rolled oats, but use gluten-free oats if you're gluten intolerant, have celiac disease or just want to avoid gluten.
To make this recipe you just need to blend the milk and the carrot and then mix all the ingredients in a jar, easy peasy! If you feel lazy, use just milk and add some chopped fruit instead of the carrot. I love bananas, berries and mango chunks.
- If you don't like carrots, use one or two bananas instead or just milk.
- Feel free to add any fruit, spices, superfoods, sweetener or ingredient you want.
- The overnight oats will have a better texture if you use chia seeds, but they're optional, so just add more oats instead if you don't add them.
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon coconut or brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the milk and the carrot in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar (or a sealed container).
- Store the jar in the fridge overnight.
- We added some soy yogurt on top before serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!