I’m so happy because I love this recipe so much and I wanted to share with you since I made it for the first time. This vegan Pad Thai is to die for, actually it’s one of my favorite recipes at the moment and is super healthy.
Pad Thai is a typical Thai recipe, which is a stir-fry rice noodle dish. As I’m trying to eat clean and avoid refined grains and flours, I used buckwheat noodles instead (they’re also gluten-free, yay!) and zoodles (zucchini noodles). I couldn’t live without my Spiralizer, I use it a lot! Healthy gluten-free pastas are usually expensive, so I combine them with spiralized veggies to save money and enjoy healthier pasta dishes.
I also made other changes: I used raw cashews instead of peanuts, red cabbage sprouts instead of soy sprouts, the sauce is different, but it’s still spicy and bittersweet and is also a cruelty-free recipe. You should make this vegan Pad Thai, it’s absolutely delicious!
- You don’t have to use buckwheat noodles as I did and you can also spiralize other veggies.
- I use cayenne powder because is easy to get in my area and is 100% natural, but feel free to use Sriracha sauce, or any other hot sauce or pepper to make your Pad Thai spicy.
- Add your favorite veggies, sprouts and nuts.
- To make the sauce, you can use another kind of vinegar or other sweeteners you’ve got on hand. Add them gently until the sauce tastes good.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 5 oz firm tofu, thinly sliced and patted dry (140 g)
- 2.6 oz buckwheat noodles (75 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ onion, julienned
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water or vegetable broth
- ⅛ tsp cayenne powder
- For garnish: red cabbage sprouts, raw cashews (chopped), fresh cilantro and lime
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and cook the tofu until golden brown on both sides, about 2 or 3 minutes each side.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a wok and when it's hot, add the veggies and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Stir occasionally.
- Add the noodles and the sauce (you just need to blend all the ingredients in a bowl to make it), stir and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Serve with the tofu, sprouts, cashews, cilantro and some lime juice on top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).