We’re back from London with a delicious vegan cashew frosting recipe for you guys. What an amazing city! I think it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. There are so many vegan places to go, so we’re going to publish a post with our favorite ones, just in case you want to travel to London and enjoy delicious and healthy vegan or vegetarian restaurants.
This recipe is adapted from a vegan frosting we’ve already posted on our Spanish blog, but we haven’t shared any vegan frosting recipe with you guys, so we’ve improved it and now is even more delicious and really easy to make. We used it to make the amazing vegan carrot cake you can see above (recipe coming soon!), but feel free to use it to make any cake or dessert you want.
I don’t know if this recipe would work with any other nuts because I’ve always used raw cashews. It could work with roasted cashews, but I’m not sure, although it’s really important to use unsalted cashews because this is a sweet recipe.
- Feel free to use any plant milk of your choice or any sweetener you like.
- Use vanilla extract instead of the scraped vanilla bean if you want.
Vegan Cashew Frosting
This delicious vegan cashew frosting is super healthy and so simple and easy to make. You can use it to make cakes, cupcakes or any desserts you want.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 12
- 1 and 1/3 cups unsalted, raw cashews (200 g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours, better overnight.
- Drain and wash the cashews and place them in a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
- Store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of the recipe
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 9.2 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 3.1 g