This tropical fruit salad is a delicious, simple and healthy recipe, made with fresh fruit, lime or lemon juice and maple or agave syrup.
We're finally in Bali! It's a magical place, so beautiful and green and the weather is amazing. I can understand now why people love it so much.
Although we're enjoying our Asian trip so much, we're coming back home in May after 2 months and 1 day travelling through South East Asia. We miss some things (like public transportation), besides, working while travelling can be really challenging sometimes, especially if you're a food blogger, but it has been an amazing experience and we're already thinking about our next trip.
Making desserts or sweet recipes is especially hard, as we don't have an oven or even a blender and there are some ingredients that are hard to find in this part of the world, but this tropical fruit salad is so easy to make and so simple you can make it everywhere.
It's made with just 3 ingredients: fruit, lime or lemon juice and a sweetener of your choice (we love maple syrup). Please feel free to use any fruit you want, although this combination is amazing, so you should give a try!
Dragon fruit is not easy to find in Spain and is really expensive, so I was so excited when I came to Asia and I tried it the first week. It has a similar texture to kiwi, but it's sweeter and also has less flavor. We used white dragon fruit, but there's also another type that is pink. If you can't find it in your country, don't worry, we've got you covered! Just read the notes of the recipe or use any fruit you have on hand.
looking for more dessert recipes?
- Healthy fresh fruit popsicles
- Cinnamon baked apples
- Vegan panna cotta
- Instant raspberry chia pudding
- Chocolate covered almond butter stuffed dates
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 12 strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- ½ dragon fruit, see notes
- ½ mango
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon maple or agave syrup, optional
- Peel and chop the fruits. Then add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lime or lemon juice and the maple or agave syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Best when fresh, keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
- If you can't find dragon fruit, feel free to use 2 kiwis or ½ mango instead. It has a similar texture to kiwi, but it's sweeter.
- Use any fruits you like or have on hand.
- Any sweetener is okay, although I prefer to use a liquid one for this recipe.
Dinner with our 8 year old granddaughter and vegan son, made this salad and it was a hit. Liked the lemony maple dressing and used dragon fruit for the first time. So colorful!
Hi Lori! So glad you liked it 🙂