Lemon pasta, one of the best vegan pasta recipes you’ll ever try. It is comforting, flavorful, and requires 10 ingredients and 15 minutes!
I believe lemon pasta is a special dish. Who would have thought lemon and pasta would work so well on the same plate? Well, it has been proved that they do, and that’s why I decided that I wanted to learn how to make lemon pasta. Surely one of the most delicious vegan pasta recipes!
It is actually extremely easy to prepare and doesn’t require much effort. Besides, it is ready with only 10 ingredients in just 15 minutes. You’ll have to let me know what you think of this recipe!
How to make lemon pasta
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- In the meantime, add the oil to a large skillet, and when it’s hot, add the garlic and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Incorporate the red pepper flakes, stir, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and stir. Cook for 1 or 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the vegan Parmesan cheese and the parsley and stir.
- Serve your lemon pasta immediately.
Lemon pasta ingredients and tips
- Spaghetti: I used whole wheat spaghetti, but this lemon pasta recipe will work with any type of spaghetti or a different type of vegan pasta.
- Extra virgin olive oil: I’m Spanish, so I use extra virgin olive oil to cook most of my vegan pasta recipes, as well as other dishes. However, any type of oil will work. I always use extra virgin oils when possible because they’re healthier.
- Garlic: I added 4 cloves of garlic because I really love it, but feel free to add 2 or 3 cloves instead.
- Red pepper flakes: you don’t have to add them to your recipe if you’re not into spicy food.
- Salt: I used ionized salt, but any type of salt will do.
- Ground black pepper: fresh ground black pepper tastes amazing. However, I find the store-bought version to be more convenient and also easier to measure with a teaspoon.
- Lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast: this ingredient is optional, but it will give your pasta a wonderful flavor totally worth trying. You could also add any other kind of homemade or store-bought vegan cheese.
- Parsley: you could omit this ingredient or use other kinds of fresh herbs, like basil.
- I suggest you eat your lemon pasta with recipes like baked tofu, fried tofu, seitan, or tempeh bacon.
Looking for more vegan pasta recipes?
Did you make this lemon pasta recipe?Print
- 8 oz spaghetti (225 g) or any other kind of vegan pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2–4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- The juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
- The zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (4 tbsp), optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, add the oil to a large skillet, and when it’s hot, add the garlic and cook over medium until golden brown.
- Incorporate the red pepper flakes, stir, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the spaghetti, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and stir. Cook for 1 or 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Finally, remove from the heat, add the vegan Parmesan cheese or the nutritional yeast, the parsley, and stir.
- Serve your lemon pasta immediately with recipes like baked tofu, fried tofu, seitan, or tempeh bacon.
- Keep the lemon pasta recipe leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
- I used whole wheat spaghetti, but any type of spaghetti or even any other type of vegan pasta will do.
- I usually use extra virgin olive oil to make most of my vegan pasta recipes, as well as other dishes, but feel free to use a different type of oil.
- Customize your lemon pasta recipe with more or less garlic if you want to.
- This lemon pasta will also work without parsley or with different kinds of fresh herbs, such as basil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 301 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 11.3 g